Monday, January 26, 2009

while the goose bumps grow

I'm sitting here on the computer bored at home in Hat Creek so that can only mean one thing: looking through old poems on my old cpu from years ago. I'm hopeful and optimistic about this upcoming year, but for winter's sake lets keep it real keeping a little chill in the air...



Goose bumps grow like herding buffalo trampling across my body
But it is not fear or chill that brings them here
It is the sight of my children’s future
It is the light bouncing off our concrete
The chainsaws ripping green fingers down
Like the innocence ripped from me
It is not about forgiveness, it is about unity
It is not about mistakes, it is about renewal
The acid rain drips down my skin
Eating at my thoughts
Tainting my vision
Eating within
It is not fear or chill that brings me here
It is concern of indifference
Hatred of apathy
It is not the screams that haunt my mind
It is the silences in between
The filling of a lake into a mere seep
While the willows ache and the waters weep
The defecation of ecosystems and Earth through greed
Light protrudes a seed, as darkness begins to creep
While the goose bumps grow
Like herding buffalo trampling across my body
Stirring up the dust of myself and my dreams.

No comments: