Monday, January 26, 2009

the battlecry that flows within

I have glared into the sun
Asking for its heat
I have screamed with the trees
On my knees as they fell
I have pawed the earth
Kicking up the dust of myself and of my dreams
I have been beaten and sneered at
For ideals not empathized
I have been given rebirth
By the pollen of flowers
The earth has put a song in my mouth
The fish of the sea have swam with me
The animals of the forest have shared shade with me
Hurricanes have spun my insides as a seamstress spins her cloth
As a spider spins her web
Lightning has struck the avarice of smoldering tribulations
Thunder roars at this unsightly spectacle
The unheard cries of my unborn children have begged this of me
To keep up the fight
To keep on moving through the darkest night
A seed of hope at the core of my heart has been planted
Beating with the wings of the birds
My tears have filled the rivers washing over mountains
Into the valleys and hollers below
I have sat in the furnace of flame and volcano
Lighting the torch of my soul
Filling my pores with the beautiful struggle of past warriors
The troubles of yesteryear fuel this passion into a limitless inferno of the future’s possibilities
Moving me forward on a march of bones and sorrow
Walk with me yearning ghosts of the past
This is the battle cry that flows within
To erase the strife of a dying planet
This will cannot be extinguished
It is beyond this realm, it is eternal
It is within the deserts and within the artic
It is within me
Labors of past misfortune and unforgivable acts
Tear at my limbs as demons and hurdles
But nothing can deter
The dreams of our children
No, nothing can subdue this pure and raw spirit
That enters my vessel
As angels enter clouds
I have seen the changes erasing time
Cut down before my eyes
I have seen a future
That can finally smile bright
Chains of misery attempt to bind me down
But the hope within these eyes
Cries of a better tomorrow
The sweat and pain and years of disdain
Will pave the way for an unstoppable wave
Unable to be fathomed by the blind and the indifferent
This is the battle cry that flows within
I have seen a future
With changes and chances for our children
The womb of the earth longs for it
I have been to the end
And I am going there again.

No comments: