Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pondering the Trail

The trail brings us together, the trail pulls us apart. It conjures up thoughts we have forgotten we have, it conjures up thoughts we never had. It forces us to think outside our comfort, it forces us to be alive. It wakes up these senses, it wakes up these dreams, it rips away the unknown, and reminds us beauty is as wide as our minds and as curvilinear as our smiles.

What it is to feel genuine, sincere being. How it tickles the soul and bubbles deep within my blood, reawakening this great love we have just waiting to be released. I shall be released, I shall dance to the melody of nature, and I shall let this mountain stream flow deep into my veins until I know not the difference between my mother and my mother, for they are the same.

We are all the same, the spider and the fly, clouds and the sea, men and women, sun and moon, bird and flower, day and night, for we all breathe the same air and drink the same water. We are all connected, we are all one, and the trail helps me remember that important atavistic truth lost deep in our marrow, deep in the spiral of life, deep within the sounds of the forest.

Listen to the whisper of truth breathing softly into our ears, listen to the vibrations of this sweet, short life. They are the only thing constant. They are all that is real. And the only thing that is real is the only thing that is constant, love and change, change and love.

The beautiful stream of life wafts into my body lifting my spirit from the ground to the other realm of being. To the calm, the flow, the peace that instills the always present wisdom into my consciousness. it consumes, it consumes all. The drug of life, the ultimate high, lingering in the air, just waiting to be inhaled and realized. Just waiting to be, waiting to be, just like me.




No comments: