Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Balance Beams Seem Easy on TV



It is the search for beauty that pulls me away from civilization, and it is that same search that pulls me back.

The wilderness refills my soul, recharging my existence, but it is a lonely trail, my heart and mind grow weary after a time, and then it is the smile of friends and beauty of a woman that call me back. The irony, of course, is how this same yearning, or a very similar one, pulls me away.

There is no balance, only the overarching swing of wanted homeostasis, that thing we never quite reach and always aim for, inevitably overshooting into the edge of sanity and serenity.

But it is that edge where memories are made and lives change forever, it is that zone of uncertainty where shooting stars are seen and dreams come to be. Where the magic happens, transcendence is close enough to touch and feel, and the blood pumping through this finite body finally feels alive. What is life but the search for these rare moments that are the ebb and flow of our transient and shining lives.

No comments: