Saturday, September 5, 2009

the puddle stirs like galaxy flushing away

One day I sat next to a puddle
Slowing stirring it with a stick
Making spirals of water with
Chasing sediment
Swirls upon swirls
And things got cloudy
And changed
Before everything settled
And became clear again
And I wonder
If God and Gaia and evolution
From time to time
Sometimes remind us
To stir things up
Cause commotion
Cause motion and mix things up
Conjuring change
Recreating new equilibriums
It isn’t survival of the fittest
Or the wittiest
I speak of the needed chaos and dreams
To reestablish a more complete
And profound order
Written by the blemishes of the moon
Felt like brail by momentary prophets

One day I sat next to a puddle
And watched the whirlpools dwindle and settle
And saw the beauty
Of stirring things up
And the clarity refound
Looked clearer than ever
As reflection returned
And I could see what I was looking at
Because it was really just me that was being stirred
And it took the stirring dirt to show me
What we stir on the outside
We stir on the in.

No comments: