Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A little more flower power

Flowers, flowers, flowers. Sweet new life and quick and transient beauty, disappearing as quickly as they come, only to greet us again the following year. I love them like a bee, though they feed my heart, not my belly, basking in all of that cheesy appreciation. Though quite a few do feed my belly, since many are edible, though only if they are in abundance.




Trillium.



My my, you sure have yellow anthers.



Squirrel Corn. Very similar to the infamous Dutchman's Britches. Squirrel corn is easily identifable by its rounded spurs at the top of the flower as opposed to the Duthman's sharp angled spurs.



Nice little falls in Georgia close to where we'll be working for 2 weeks at the beginning of the season. Looks like a good place to meditate and shower.


Ahh, springtime, the time of renewal and allergies and the landscape bursting with color and new growth. Our project checks for the upcoming AT Trail Crew season took us across some beautiful country seeing thousands and thousands of flowers.



Trout lillies.



Columbine. One of my favorites.



A trillium after a rain shower.



I hope everyone is able to get out and enjoy this seasonal joy while its surrounding us.

It's about time to write some...

No comments: