Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mid Atlantic Season Underway

It is Tuesday evening here at Scott Farm, and I lay back listening to the sounds of Pink Floyd start off another Tuesday night of my favorite music block from the greatest radio station in the world, WUVT, based out of Squires Student Center in Blacksburg, Va. The Soul Jones and The Moneyshot bring it every week and I am ecstatic they stream online. I don’t know if it’s the awesome music or the nostalgia of Tuesday nights at Buckshot, either way I love this 5 hour block of music where they do it to your earhole. Check it out one tuesday night. If you like good music, you won't be disappointed.

I miss Virginia and I will be returning there this weekend, I cannot wait.

The first two weeks of Mid-Atlantic crew have been a blast. Very rocky and we’ve gotten to move rocks I never thought I’d see moved. But there’s more to it than moving rocks, that’s for sure. The trail brings us together, people from all over the world, and we all learn from each other and grow while having a good time. The trail community is a very interesting niche of people that I wish I started getting to know earlier because they are a very strange, caring, smart, and individualistic bunch, flowing through life like fireballs enlightening and touching lots of people. True characters, which is wonderful in the rat race we sometimes get surrounded by in this year of our Lord 2008 A.D.

I digress, here are a few pictures as of late.


Ted admires some fine cribbing.



Thats a big momma of a spider.




You cannot fool me with your stick like camo, Stick bug.




I did not expect my first big view of New York to look like this.



Me helping move a very big rock with the help of the grip hoist. I really just wanted to show off these sweet shades I found under another rock up there.





The always hungry Lilipadia Pacmanius



Nothing like sweet jazz in the Poconos after a hard day on the trail




The sun is setting on another day as summer comes to a close. The vernal equinox is upon us. The leaves will be showing us their true colors soon enough as chlorophyll production stops and we get one final beautiful bang for the optical spectrum before the muted tones of winter slide in to chill for awhile.

I love the mood of crisp autumn. It is surely on its way. The proof is in the pudding. A volunteer staying an extra night just told me he saw over 17,000 birds today migrating south. Birders are a wild and interesting bunch. Most people won't see that many different birds in their lifetime and he saw them in one day.

Get on up. James Brown is funking it up. Herbie Hancock, Tribe Called Quest, Santana, the Soul Jones is rocking my world.

One of my favorite autumn shots from last year at Twin Lakes State Park one afternoon after a day of too many meetings.



I can't wait.

The night is young, more to come...

No comments: